Sunday, February 24, 2013

Schönbrunn Zoo

Last Thursday, I went to the world's oldest zoo, Schonbrunn Zoo, with a coworker's daughter named Emilie.  It opened in 1752.  The zoo was also voted Europe's best in 2009 and 2010.  
(Not to be snobby, but I think the zoo in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is MUCH better!)  You can read more about it here.


I made Emilie pose in a bunch of my photos, and she was fine w/ that.  :)


Look what was right beside the entrance!

I restrained myself and didn't go in.  :-P


A bird house or a greenhouse, I'm not sure which.


Chowin down on bamboo


Emilie wants to be a panda!


Zoo train sign


Zoo train, a random dude, and the palace in the background



A cafe in the middle of the zoo

I didn't get many good photos of the buildings, but for the most part, the buildings all had this color and structure throughout the zoo.




Not sure what this was because we didn't go in it, but I thought it was kind of pretty.




 Emilie's also a penguin!  
(I made her pose for this one!)


A sure sign we're headed for the elephants.  :)



This is the most beautiful monkey exhibit I've ever seen!


How do monkeys merit such pretty architecture?






Flamingos are my favorite animal!
These looked bright red instead of pink.




Across the street from the zoo is a ritzy-looking cafe that is named after the zoo.  
We didn't go in because I'm sure there would have been nothing we could have afforded.  Instead...



...we got cheapo desserts at McDonald's!

It's now nearly the end of my last day of my week off of school.  I had a wonderfully relaxing break last week, and I hope you enjoyed my photos of it.  :)  (It snowed on Friday, so I didn't really leave my apartment, which is why there isn't anything exciting after these zoo photos here.)
My Spring Break will be in a month, at the end of March/beginning of April.  I'm fairly certain I'll still be in Vienna during that time, so more photos to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment