Monday, February 18, 2013

Kunst Haus fun

Today, I hit up 2 iconic landmarks in Vienna that I've been wanting to go to for months since I read about them online - the Hundertwasserhaus and its related museum, the Kunst Haus.  (The next post will be dedicated to the Hundertwasserhaus.)  Both were constructed by the artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser, who had something against straight lines and was clearly pro-color.  
He also constructed other structures in the city with his unique style, like a factory, but I didn't take the time to hunt that down.

This post is about the Kunst Haus

I wasn't allowed to take photos inside of any of his work - just in the foyer - so most of these are of the outside of the building.








Foyer


The museum itself wasn't huge at all, but I'm GLAD, because every single walking space, including all brick staircases, were uneven.  I constantly felt like I was walking in a fun house, and I did trip a few times.  That place was messing with my head, so I was actually pretty happy to leave, even though the exterior was cool.

Read the next post for info on the more notorious Hundertwasserhaus!

No comments:

Post a Comment