Sunday, February 3, 2013

Seussical Jr.

 Last weekend, our school had 2 performances of "Seussical Jr.", a musical.  It was a sweet production that featured various characters from Dr. Seuss books all together in one musical.  The cast was comprised mostly of middle schoolers and a few little girls in the elementary grades.

Thankfully, I had no huge role in this production.  It fell mainly onto the music teacher, since she has a class time allocated for middle school music.  However, I did help out backstage and with makeup during Tech Week, which was fine because that was all I could handle!



Here's (most of) our cast on opening night!

Aren't they cuuuuute???


When I said I helped out with makeup, I should clarify and say that all I did was apply foundation.  I had no part whatsoever in the lovely makeup art on these girls' faces!

I don't remember what the 3 characters on the left were, but the next 3 were Gertrude, Mayzie and Yertle the Turtle.


Yertle and Gertrude are back, with Horton the Elephant, the Cat in the Hat, and a feisty, nameless monkey.


These photos are from the last night of rehearsal.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment