Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stephansplatz

On Saturday morning, I set out in search of a Euro store that I'd seen on our way to church last week.  
I thought I remembered where it was, but I never found it.  (I was on the wrong train line.)

I remembered that we'd passed by Stephansplatz, though, so that's what these photos are of.  

(If you click on the link above, you'll find more information about Stephansplatz, which translates into "Stephan's place".  It's a town square that contains one of the tallest cathedrals in the world - 
the Stephansdom.)

I saw many people riding in carriages around the block.
















I didn't get to go inside, but if I go to a concert and/or ballet here, then I will, and I'll be sure to take more photos!

I got this brochure...

from this good-looking guy.  (Not the mullet boys!)  There were tons of men dressed in Mozart attire, handing out brochures.



There was a protest in the square - something about animal testing.



Haha!  I think this is to differentiate between Austria and Australia.  :-P



Other sites at Stephansplatz...







No comments:

Post a Comment