Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My first day of school at ICSV

Today was our first day of actual classes, and it was a success!

Last Friday was Registration Day, which just involved students coming to the school, getting their handbooks, signing up for sports and clubs, and saying "hi" to their former teachers.


This is the Secondary English Department last Friday- Stefanie, Reesa and me.  I teach only high school, but the other two teach a combination of middle and high school.
I also teach the entire 10th Grade, which is only 25 students, but it's kind of daunting to think about!

Here are some photos of what my school's like inside...


Part of the front entryway
(There was too much sunlight to take a better photo of the rest of it.)


Our hall of flags in our foyer! :)

They represent the countries where our students have been from. Last year, we had 52 nationalities represented. (Not sure about this year yet.)



This is what you see when you walk in




This is a beautiful painting w/ mirrors and Bible verses written on it in German.



My classroom schedule, since I have to share it w/ 2 other part-time teachers.


My door with a sign pointing to my room, since the door's hidden behind lockers.


Meet Miche.
Miche is a German teacher that shares my classroom with me, and he teeters between being my "son" and my Austrian brother.  :-D  Last week, he was testing all of the board markers and wrote this.


My classroom from the doorway



My desk area



My professor at Taylor University wrote these books that the Bible classes will use!  (They're being stored in my room.)


Part of the reading area


This is my kids' favorite reading corner.



Who needs a boring student station when you can have a classroom cafe?
(And, yes, I drank 4 lattes just so I could use the bottles to hold markers and pens.) :)



The area where we have larger assemblies

No comments:

Post a Comment