Thursday, August 23, 2012

For the love of architecture

A few days ago, I ventured out again to find the Euro store - on the CORRECT train line, this time! - and it was a success.  :)

This particular store is located on this street, which can be compared to Michigan Ave. in Chicago.


Woo hoo!  The Euro store!  
(Think Dollar store-type, but the stuff actually works and doesn't fall apart.)


Anyways, because this blog is really about the various types of architecture, I've taken a lot of photos of it around the city to share with you.

In the middle of this photo is a sign for Kindergarten, which is more like a nursery or preschool over here.





A souvenir shop




So, there's nothing architecturally wondrous about this hot dog stand, but I took a photo b/c you can buy beer w/ your meal.  
(You can also bring an open beer bottle and drink freely from it on public transportation.  I've seen many a tipsy man on the trains in the morning as I go to school.  They don't act drunk, but they move so slowly in boarding the trains that I'm afraid they won't make it on in time and that the doors will close on them.  Scary stuff!)


These stands are everywhere, too.



HAHAHA!

It really means something like, "Have a good trip!"

You've gotta laugh, though!


This is the longest F word I've ever seen.


If I ever get married and/or become athletic, I'm changing my name to this. (I don't know which is more likely, haha.)


The Austrian Aldi's


This is a Jewish convenience store that's around the corner from my apartment.


Signs on its doors



I tried to use an online translation for this plaque.  Something like, "This house (???) during the war 1939-45 disabled people and from funds the Federal Ministry F. Handel U. post-war reconstruction in the years 1958-59 under the Chancellor Ing. Julius Raab.

Major typo.  *sigh*


Here's a mixture of old, new, and random architecture.











3 comments:

  1. I love the architecture in these buildings, great job capturing some of the feel of the city! :) Thanks Mandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete