Sunday, August 12, 2012

My apartment photos - Round 1

It is now Sunday night, and I now have photos of my apartment!

However, these are outdated, as of a few days ago, because these are what my apartment looked like when I first walked into it.  I've since furnished it a bit and have splashed color all over the place.  (Except for on the very white walls, which I don't think I can paint or nail things onto.  Bummer!)

I'm very blessed with this apartment, because
a.) I'd been under the impression I'd have a one-room apartment, 
and
b.)  I'd been told it wouldn't be ready for me until possibly September.



I'm not telling you my address for confidentiality, but I live at the top of the silver building between the 2 red buildings.  There are 2 windows opened at the top.  (I feel like I'm living in an attic, like Anne Frank!)


I'm also not telling you my floor number, but I'm showing you my elevator buttons because we don't have "ground floors"; we have "earth floors", which is represented by the E.  
The K is for kellar (cellar), which is where I conspicuously leave my bags of trash and then run away, because I don't know where to put it and don't want to get caught.  :-P


Outside my apartment is a light button for the landing and my doorbell.


Inside, I have a phone for people to call me from outside the apartment so I can let them in.


I also have a peephole.  Yay.  :)


As soon as you walk in many of the apartments here, the first door you usually see is for the bathroom.  I don't know why this is.  My bathroom door is on the left of this photo, my bedroom is on the right...


and there is a DOOR to my living room further down the hallway, on the left, past the bathroom.  I also don't know why I have this door.


Doorway view of my bedroom


One of my 2 bedroom windows that opens!


(Weird angle I took of the building across the street.)

(Here's what it really looks like.)


The furniture was put in weird places when I got here, so I moved this small dresser somewhere else so I wouldn't smack my head on the ceiling, which I did a few times.  :-P  I left the huge wardrobe there, though, because I couldn't move it.
I have a little vacuum which I probably won't use because I don't have any rugs and don't plan on buying any.

(Oops!  I forgot to take a photo of my bed!  Oh well.)


Doorway view of living room


These windows can be opened from the top (left window) or from the side (right window).

I LOVE this!  There's been a great breeze all weeklong, and I feel like I'm living in a tree house!
I just have to be careful that the pigeons that nest in the trees don't fly in.  Ugh.


A red leather couch!  Holy cow!


I barely have any counter space, so I guess that means I won't be doing much cooking/baking at all.  :(
However, I have a dishwasher, so that's super helpful!  A MAJOR bonus!  (I've also figured it out, after I accidentally washed the same load 3 times in the process.)


My oh-so-exciting bathroom...


...which also includes a washing machine!  ANOTHER major bonus!
Random note, but people here don't have dryers; they hang their clothes on drying racks.

I'll do my best to post again soon.  These postings will be more frequent as soon as I can get the Internet working at my apartment.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment