Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Centimeter: THE place to eat!

On Sunday, I went to an afternoon church service at what I thought was going to be the Rathaus.  (I found out the word means "city hall" and doesn't actually refer to a dwelling place for rodents.)

I met up with some other teachers at the Rathaus train station, and we didn't go to the building, which you can view if you click on the link above.  We went someplace a few streets away from it, and then we ate dinner together at a place called Centimeter.
(I still don't understand its name.)



We ate in the beautiful cellar, or "keller".



This was the menu folded up, but it opened up long ways, like a measuring tape.  :-P


There were many of us who went out to eat.  Therefore, we ordered some specialty things and split the cost between all of us.  In the end, we ate a TON of food for the equivalent of about $5ish!
I was pretty happy.   :)

They served some of the meat and sides on a SWORD, of all things...


...and then also in a wheelbarrow, which was set right in front of me.
I was very happy!  :)


My new name is Xena:  Warrior Princess! 


 This is Bill and Ada.  They're new this year and hail from Florida with their son and daughter.
Bill's awesome and ornery; he feels like my third dad.  :)


Family fun with a sword!
Bill's "attacking" his son while his wife looks on in horror.  
:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment