Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tandelmarkt

Yesterday, I set out in search of some markets, since I haven't yet been to any here, aside from the Christmas markets.  

I found one market called Tandelmarkt.


This is a funny sign on a street called Tandelmarktgasse, which leads to the market.

("Konditorei" means cake shop, and these are everywhere here, along w/ bread stores.)


This is in another cafe window - a coffee bean drinking coffee.  :)


I had initially found the market by accident last Fall, when I'd gone to this craft/fabric store across the street from it with my friend Mallory.  I went here yesterday and got some cheap knickknacks.


It isn't a huge market, but it occupies a square block and is open and bustling each Saturday when it's warm enough.

I didn't buy anything, but it was fun to poke around and see people enjoying the sunny day.  :)


Turkish and Greek specialty foods


Some pretty and inexpensive scarves, but I found a cheaper one in the craft store.


Meats


Tulips and organic honey


Dried fruits

The lady selling them gave me several delicious samples.  :)


Some pretty, embroidered doilies

No comments:

Post a Comment