Saturday, March 9, 2013

Market Day

This morning, I set off in search of some Easter markets that I'd about.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize the markets wouldn't open til next weekend.  Oops!  :-P

Before I found this out, though, I'd browsed 2 small markets.  The first I went to was in an area known as the Freyung, where I'd gone to an Advent market during the Christmas season.






Then I went to another tiny market nearby this one in an area called the Am Hof.  Most of its booths were nailed shut, which should've been a clue that the Easter markets weren't yet open. 

There were several booths open, selling junky stuff.




The owner of this stall yelled at me for taking a photo.  Like I would've come back to buy his junky jewelry, but now I definitely won't.  >:-(


This sign is what finally told me I was a week early for the Easter markets.

Here are some random photos I saw throughout the day.






I'm not sure why this was in a Viennese train station, because he was a French composer, but I saw it on the floor of a train station today.

I'll hit up the Easter markets next weekend, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment