Sunday, March 3, 2013

Adventures in getting lost in Vienna

After the market, I set off in search of a former monastery, but I never found it.  I got completely lost for over 2 hours in the sunny cold, and here are the random photos to prove it.

(I don't know what some of the buildings are.)



Haha!

 




I found a nice walkway and bike trail along the Danube River.  I'll have to come back here when the weather gets warmer.




At an intersection

(I'm not sure what this building is.  It looks like the Museum of Military History that I went to last month, but I don't think it is.)



I walked through this little park along the river.


A creepy statue


Funky tree



Believe it or not, this was a taxi!




I saw this sign across the street from the park.  There was a very auspicious store in a building that creates Polish pottery.  (I didn't go in.)



Pfarre Muttergottes Im Augarten 
("Mother of God Parish in Augarten") 


Somehow, I randomly found the Augarten and discovered this Catholic church.  Here's the back side of it.



This is the ONLY gas station I've ever seen that does NOT have a bathroom!  Arg!



This is a music school.  http://www.mgw.at/ 


Hmm...



This is an ironic image:  a Jewish school shadowed by the formerly-controlled Nazi watchtower.



He's coming to Vienna soon!



Who wants a goat as a symbol for their pub??


Creepy gnomes




This was a huge Lutheran church that I randomly found right before I made it home.




They misspelled "balloons".



No comments:

Post a Comment