Sunday, April 21, 2013

Random photos from Spring Break

Here are some random photos from my Spring Break that I forgot to post 2 weeks ago...

:-P


Current antiques?  Isn't that an oxymoron?


This is a plaque on the outside of a restaurant.  I used Google Translate to translate it, and it says,

"In this house lived Adolf Frankl.  Here the picture cycle visions arose from the inferno representations of his experiences in Auschwitz concentration camp.  I have my plants with all peoples of this world, a memorial set.  There is no one, no matter what religion, race or political religion or belief he represents this or something similar happen."

Not a stellar translation, but that's all I've got.


I had lunch one day with my friend Jen.



I went to an Easter church service with Reesa.


This is a noodle cafe and flower stand that I see all the time b/c it's across the street from the mall.  :)


This is an advertisement for the largest underground lake in Europe, which is in lower Austria.  During WWII, the Nazis turned the underground mines into an underground aircraft factory.  One of the first jet fighters in the world - the Heinkel HE 162 "Salamander" - was produced here.  Click here to read more.


A funny way to advertise the train system


There's a street called Liechtensteinstrasse.  
(Named after the country of Liechtenstein?)


Meet Pearl.  She and her husband work at my school and arrange for ambassadors to come talk to the students.  They invited me over for an Easter lunch.  (Hence, the carroty cake.)


It was cold and snowy for half of that week.  Very iffy weather.



This is a cute, old-fashioned ice cream parlor that I went to one day w/ some friends.  You pronounce the name "tee hee".  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment