Thursday, April 4, 2013

Inside St. Rupert's Church/Ruprechtskirche

After the Jewish museums, I went back to St. Rupert's church, which I blogged about in February.  (It's the oldest church in Vienna.)  People were going into the church, so I decided to, too.



(Hey, look!  You can see me!)  

Photos of the interior, in no order









I think this photos's my favorite!  It's so beautiful, and I didn't need to enhance the color in my photo editing program at all.  :)




Um, I did NOT know there was a catacomb of St. Rupert in the church!


YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


According to this site, it says St. Rupert had been the Bishop of Worms.

Well, then, why would he not want to be buried and reunited with the worms??!?


A prayer room at the back of the church


(Super-low doorway!  Ouch!  People must have been so much shorter 800 years ago!)


View of the sanctuary from prayer room

No comments:

Post a Comment