Sunday, April 21, 2013

90's Night at school: The night I became a Ninja Turtle!

Two Friday nights ago, the freshmen held their annual class fundraiser event by creating a 90's Night.  I'm not sure why they chose that, b/c they were all born in the 90's and don't remember anything from that era, but it was still fun!
Also, it was easy for the kids to dress up, since hideous styles from the 90's are making an unfortunate comeback in stores.



I was Michelangelo, the Ninja Turtle, at the 9th grade fundraiser.
Tracy helped staple me into my shell. :)
p.s.  Please love my numchucks w/ me!  I've been crafty while living here and have found multiple uses for toilet paper rolls, including Ninja Turtle weapons!  :)


Andrea was the awesome ringleader of the night.  She's the freshman coordinator and worked laboriously all week to put this event together.

(I bought these hideous earrings just to look like a turtle. They're going to someone else who will wear them, b/c I never will again.)


Some cute, happy freshmen  :)


Some of my funny 7th graders  :)


Parents volunteered to donate food and special sodas for the event.

("Special sodas" to us mean root beer, Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew, which you can only get at a select few places here, like the U.N. and maybe a few expensive stores.)




 
We played a 90's version of Jeopardy!

No comments:

Post a Comment