Friday, April 5, 2013

Imperial Silver Collection - Part 1

Today, I went on a 3-in-1 tour in a palace with a staff friend named Pearl.  (I forgot to get a photo with her, though.  Bummer!)  We went on a tour of 3 aspects within the palace - the HUGE collection of imperial silver, personal effects of the most famous former princess, and the former imperial apartments.  We were allowed to take photos of only the silver, so here's a website for you to see the apartments.


The tour of just the dishware took well over an hour, and my feet still hurt several hours since I arrived home.  Get ready to be blown away by the thousands of pieces of dishes!

I took a TON of photos that I've pasted into 2 blog posts for you to enjoy.  :)









See the upside down lettering?  They're initials that signify the piece belonged to the royal family, which you can read about below.



This is a bust of the former master chef of the palace.






Candy stands


I think this was just a decoration.






These nice glasses belonged to servants.  Crazy!


 

I'm entering one of the dozen, fancy rooms filled with dishes.


Each member of the royal family had his or her own set of dishes - sometimes, multiple sets.



(Pearl is in the middle, with the pink boots.)



This wasn't the only case of silverware.  Insane!

Dishwashing would have been a never-ending nightmare!






No comments:

Post a Comment