Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Danube River in the Fall

The Danube River ("Donau" in German) runs through Vienna, and I pass over it every single day on the train on my way to school.  It's a personal highlight that I look forward to each morning, as the sun's rising.

A major regret I have is of NOT going on a walk or bike ride or anything along it when I first arrived in Austria, back when the sun was shining and there were tons of sailboats on the sparkling water.

I'm glad I took advantage of the weather yesterday to visit the river after my little jaunt to Mexikoplatz, b/c the weather today has been miserable and formidable.  Seriously.  It's 8:00 at night and the wind is howling, and I can feel a draft through my living room window.  (But I'm NOT complaining!)

Even though the sun wasn't out, the photos didn't turn out too dark.



General view from the train platform

Left and right:  Fall trees and closed docks and restaurants

Background:  the Alps!


I don't know what the yellow things are, but they probably have something to do with ferries.


I was just one train stop away from the cathedral, which you can see in the background.

I just haven't gotten enough of the Fall yet!  I'm cherishing all of the colors every day!



Before the weather became too cold, this little restaurant/bar was HOPPIN at night.  You could always hear music and see Christmas lights there at night.  (No, I've never been there.)




Graffiti truth  :-P


Creepy trash bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment