Monday, October 22, 2012

Money, money, money...

Today, I went to the ATM and realized I haven't yet shown you what Euros look like.  Oops!


The bills are very colorful and depict architecture here.

Currently, the exchange rate is 1 Euro = $1.30.

Also, it is surprisingly easy to break a 100 Euro bill here.  I used one to buy 2 cans of Sprite from the store this morning, because I had a sick day, and the cashiers never act like it's a problem to give you 97 Euros back.  That's super handy.

(There's also a 5 Euro bill, but I don't have one in my wallet right now.)


This may look like a small pile of change, but it's a HEAVY pile of change!

It's also equal to about 20ish Euros = $26ish!



My camera's not super great, but, left to right, we have:
a 20 cent coin
a 5 cent coin
a 2 cent coin
and a 1 cent coin.

The right 2 coins are so light that they feel like play money or something!


These are the big guys!  (a.k.a.  The heavy coins)

On the left is a 2 Euro coin and on the right is a 1 Euro coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment