Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Augarten in the Fall

On Saturday, my friend, Sarah, and I took advantage of the gorgeous day to take some photos of the trees in the Augarten.




We were surprised that so many flowers were still in bloom!





In case you can't tell, my face says, "I'm soooo loving Fall right now!!!"

:)


There was a cool nip in the air, but that didn't stop tons of families from being at the park.  Even on rainy days, entire families will be strolling through it.  Weather doesn't seem to faze Austrians much.




I'm not sure what this scary, prickly thing was, but they were all over the ground everywhere, along with buckeyes.

Yeesh!


I had soooo much fun kicking up leaves everywhere!





Buckeyes and leaves and prickly things


I brought home a buckeye and some leaves and NO prickly things!


Something about seeing this window in the sunlight made me want to take a photo.  
I love the colors of everything here!

**********************

Speaking of Fall, this week is a short week of school.  Thursday evening is our school's fall festival, which is a bonding time for families, students and teachers.  (I'M STOKED!)  Friday is a national holiday, which you can read about here.  As of right now, I'm planning on visiting some of the museums on Friday, which will have free admission then.  We'll see if I have the energy for that.

Next week, on Monday and Tuesday, we'll have Professional Development days, and THEN we'll finally have Fall Break for the rest of the week.  It's high time for this; so many people have burned out multiple times in just the 2 months of school we've had.  I'm not complaining at all, but it's just a different groove to be in a school environment where there aren't any days off for 2 months straight.  (We're an Austrian school - not an American one - so we didn't get Labor Day off.  We'll also only have a half day off of school on the American Thanksgiving day, and then we have school the next day, too.)

More photos will follow in the next week and a half, as I'll have more time to updated my blog during Fall Break!  Thanks for your prayers and support!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment