Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall Festival 2012 :)

It's FALL BREAK!!!

Well, not really.  Our kids have a little over a week off of school, beginning yesterday, which was a holiday - Austria's Independence Day.  We teachers and staff also had that day off, but next Monday and Tuesday are Professional Development days for us, and THEN we have the rest of the week off...kinda...but I'll talk about that in a later blog post.

To kick off a much - needed holiday break, our school hosted a night of family fun called the Fall Festival.

It really was a TON of fun, and it was so great to see kids and parents interacting with each other.  :)


These were the bilingual advertisements.

(I love living in a bilingual world!)


I signed up to man the chocolate game because I was under the assumption it was an eating contest and that I would win.  Then I watched Amanda (El. Ed. principal) demonstrate.

I was wrong.

Here's how it works:

You and a partner shut your eyes, try to dip a marshmallow in chocolate and then try to feed it to your partner.  Hence, the name Chocolate Mess.


Even though I'm not a fan of marshmallows, I had fun showing the kids how to do it...


...AND I had fun getting Sarah all gooey!

Here are more pics from the night.





I really wanted a photo w/ Jessica b/c of her awesome sweater.  (Hint: sarcasm!)


:)


Meet Sarah.

I mentioned her briefly in an August post but not since then, mainly b/c she and I haven't gotten to hang out much yet.  She's soooo funny and random, so we get along very well!

Can you tell she's an elementary teacher?  She made her costume all by herself and in 30 minutes.  She was showing it off all nightlong.


The candy fishing game


The candy fish is...Mallory!
She may or may not have eaten a half a bag of candy while performing her duties...*ahem*


There were a few of these trees throughout the school that the teachers made at the end of the school day on Thursday.  This particular tree didn't last long, as some little boys tried to climb it and ended up falling down the steps.  Luckily, the little boys were ok, but the tree was completely histoire.


Coming up is the the senior pancake breakfast!  
(Isn't this adorable?  I especially love the top right corner!  :-P  )
I hope to make it and then go to the Christmas markets which - I think - open that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment