Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fun with students and coworkers

So sorry for the long lapse in updating my blog!

I hope to post a few entries in the next few hours to give you an update on my busy life, as of lately...

First, here are my 9th grade English kiddos, wearing masks they created of characters from The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, which we're plowing through right now.  You can't read them, but each mask contains 10 adjectives to describe each character.  The students needed to explain their choice of adjectives to the class for a grade.


Paul, Ibrahim and Alexis


Cassy, Radhika and Joy


Jerry and Chris

***************************
Friday was a half day of school because the rest of the day was devoted to staff activities.  We had a city scavenger hunt, regrouping games, and then dinner at Centimeter - the restaurant I described in August.


Here we are at the beginning, before we got tired and slightly grumpy:
me, Barbara (librarian), Daniela (German teacher), and Tom (IT person)


One of the random objects we needed to get a photo with was this machine in the train stations, which punches your tickets if you purchase a day pass for the public transportation.


Here, Tom was threatening to throw me into the newly-discovered Roman ruins, which are in front of the Imperial Palace downtown.



In front of the oldest church in Austria

I want to revisit it sometime, because it was either built in 1100, or it's 1100 years old; I couldn't understand the sign.


This is a memorial to Holocaust victims or something, which I also want to revisit because I don't understand what it is, other than it was on our scavenger hunt list to find.


This is us in front of the Rathaus (city hall), which was our last thing we had time to find.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment