Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Austrian birthday

My Austrian birthday was a sweet and memorable one!

It was last Friday, and since my kids are always crazy on Fridays, they were absolutely wild about my birthday on that day.  They covered my marker boards with all kinds of interesting greetings for me.  :)




My sweeeeeeet English 9 kiddos collaborated and gave me a sweet card and goodie bag!  Awww!

Various staff gave me roses, chocolate and goodies, and they sang to another guy and me for our birthdays.  They're so sweet!
I've actually liked going to school on my birthday over the years because people make you feel loved.  Everybody needs a day like that at work!


For dinner, I went to an Austrian restaurant called Brezl Gwolb with Mallory.  I finally had REAL wiener schnitzel, which was great, and THE best potato salad EVER!
If you want to see a photo gallery of the restaurant, you can click here.
(And, if you're wondering, I'm drinking grape juice here - NOT wine.)  :-P

We then walked around downtown, admiring the Christmas lights, which will appear in a post of their own soon.

All in all, it was a low-key but very fun birthday in Austria!

No comments:

Post a Comment