Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas in my apartment

Merry (early) Christmas!
Fröhlich Weihnachten!
:)

Yes, I know it's still November, but I've been gradually getting ready for it over the past few weeks here.  By the end of Fall Break a few weeks ago, I'd had most of my apartment decorated for Christmas.  Since then, I've done a bit more with decorations, most of which I'll give to people as presents.

(These photos aren't in order.  Sorry!)


Scripture on the wall with wooden ornaments from a Christmas market







I found a few retro-looking Christmas cards with German greetings that I love!














My snowman fridge :-P


I don't have room in my apartment for a Christmas tree, so a friend created one on the wall for me.  
:)


This is my Advent countdown.
I've never done Advent, so I don't really know what to do for it.


The countdown is on these cute, wooden pieces with clothespins.


For the countdown, I decided to write 24 verses on paper to ready each morning in lieu of whatever I'm supposed to do each day.


I'll begin reading the verses daily starting next week, even though that's not when Advent technically begins.  I can't wait until the actual starting date, though, b/c I won't be in Vienna when it technically ends on Christmas.  I get home on Friday, December 21st, which is less than 5 weeks away now!  

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment